Xiaomi, a renowned tech Giant from China, will be releasing 2 affordable dragonfly-inspired drones this summer. The first Mi Drone, with 1080p camera, is priced at 2,499 Chinese Yuan ($380) and the second one, with 4K UHD camera, at 2,999 Chinese Yuan ($457).
Drones are known to be very expensive, usually priced more than a thousand dollars, not everyone has the capability to own one. Because of price issues, Xiaomi has tried to penetrate the market by manufacturing affordable Mi drones that are reasonably priced. In spite of its affordability, the specs are still truly eye-catching, it still gives you the benefits normal drones have.
The affordable version will be released through crowdfunding.
To give you an idea about the drones’ specification:
– 4-propeller system with detachable shields
– 17.4V battery 5100mAh, 27 minutes non-stop flying
– 1080p or 4K UHD camera, with 104° wide-angle lens
– 4K camera at 3840 x 2160 pixels; supports recording of stills in RAW format
– 720p live video with low latency from up to 2km distance
– Camera attached to a 3-axis gimbal, stabilizes up to 2000 vibrations per second
– Unbelievably lightweight design
– GPS + GLONASS + vision-based positioning for max precision
– Autopilot options: automatic take-off + landing, waypoint flight path planning, tap to fly on map, circle an object on the ground
– Intelligently detects low battery and returns home automatically
– Real-time location tracking for easy retrieval even post-crash
– Hovers automatically at the edge of no-fly zones
– Built-in PCB antenna array in remote control for maximum reach
– Modular design and foldable landing gear
– RMB 2499 for 1080p, RMB 2999 for 4K UHD version
The Mi drones automatically hover to the edge of no-fly zones so you have nothing to worry about restricted areas your country have.
You can smoothly maneuver your 4K Mi drone up to 2KM, 1KM for the 1080p version. If it went beyond the allowable control zone, it will robotically fly back to its original position. Additionally, it comes with GPS + GLONASS + vision-based positioning for max precision that will help you locate it, especially when it crashes.
You can connect your smartphone to your controller which will help you see what are being recorded. It can also help you track its battery. With 5100 mill amperes, it can continuously fly up to 27 minutes.
The controller has 2 PCB antennas and a slide button that will immediately instruct your Mi drone to fly back home. Taking photos, videos, auto take off/landing, auto hover, point flying, flying router planning flying can be easily done with all the buttons and controls.
For additional protection, you can install its propeller guards to ensure that nothing will be damaged when it crashes.
Bringing it anywhere you want will never be stressful. All components have module designs that can help you disassemble and assemble them easily.
Xiaomi’s Mi drones are perfect for the newbies. Unfortunately, the company didn’t mention if they are open for the international market, although there’s a probability. If you are living outside China, you still need to wait for months to a year before it becomes available to your country.