Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded 19.6% higher against the US dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 7:00 AM Eastern on January 29th. Ethereum Classic has a market capitalization of $3.23 billion and approximately $1.02 billion worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Ethereum Classic coin can now be purchased for about $32.32 or 0.00378590 BTC on exchanges including Bitinka, ACX, BitGrail and BigONE. During the last week, Ethereum Classic has traded up 101.9% against the US dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 2.1% against the dollar and now trades at $8,593.41 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded down 3% against the dollar and now trades at $841.29 or 0.09853670 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 3.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1,240.08 or 0.14524400 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 2.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $156.69 or 0.01835280 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 5.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $233.69 or 0.02737070 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 32.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 12.6% against the dollar and now trades at $119.27 or 0.01397000 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 5.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $442.29 or 0.05180380 BTC.
- Nano (XRB) traded 7.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $9.16 or 0.00107264 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 0.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $4.15 or 0.00048549 BTC.
Ethereum Classic Coin Profile
Ethereum Classic is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Ethash hashing algorithm. Its launch date was July 30th, 2015. Ethereum Classic’s total supply is 99,826,526 coins. The official website for Ethereum Classic is www.ethereum.org. Ethereum Classic’s official Twitter account is @eth_classic and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Ethereum Classic is /r/EthereumClassic and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official message board for Ethereum Classic is forum.ethereum.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can't shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic. “
Ethereum Classic Coin Trading
Ethereum Classic can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Exmo, Bithumb, Quoine, Mr. Exchange, Bitso, Cryptopia, QuadrigaCX, Tidex, Coinone, ZB.COM, Bitbank, CEX.IO, GDAX, BTC Markets, Allcoin, ChaoEX, Qryptos, Korbit, Gatecoin, Coinsquare, CoinFalcon, Upbit, BitGrail, Tidebit, bitFlyer, CoolCoin, DSX, Coinnest, EXX, Kucoin, BitBay, Cobinhood, YoBit, Bitcoin Indonesia, Gemini, RightBTC, Liqui, Koineks, Bitinka, Coinbene, Binance, Kraken, Bitstamp, BigONE, Bitfinex, Bittrex, CoinEgg, Coinrail, Gate.io, OKEx, CoinExchange, Huobi, Lbank, BtcTrade.im, TOPBTC, BX Thailand, Bit-Z, Poloniex, ACX, BTCTurk, WEX, Livecoin, Bancor Network, Bibox, Coinut, xBTCe, Koinex, GOPAX, Mercatox, Gatehub, COSS, HitBTC, EtherDelta and Independent Reserve. It is not possible to purchase Ethereum Classic directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Ethereum Classic must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Ethereum Classic using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Ethereum Classic Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Ethereum Classic and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.