Vertcoin (CURRENCY:VTC) traded up 7.8% against the US dollar during the 1-day period ending at 8:00 AM Eastern on January 30th. Over the last seven days, Vertcoin has traded 9.1% higher against the US dollar. Vertcoin has a total market capitalization of $146.98 million and $2.05 million worth of Vertcoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Vertcoin coin can currently be bought for approximately $3.42 or 0.00037115 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including YoBit, CryptoBridge, Bleutrade and Bittrex.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 7.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $9,268.73 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded up 6.3% against the dollar and now trades at $899.10 or 0.09692500 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 5.3% against the dollar and now trades at $1,306.69 or 0.14086400 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded up 29.2% against the dollar and now trades at $203.78 or 0.02196820 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 16.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $272.23 or 0.02934680 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded up 4.9% against the dollar and now trades at $34.36 or 0.00370444 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 32.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded up 5.5% against the dollar and now trades at $126.36 or 0.01362200 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded up 5.5% against the dollar and now trades at $470.21 or 0.05068930 BTC.
- Nano (XRB) traded up 4.9% against the dollar and now trades at $9.63 or 0.00103793 BTC.
Vertcoin (VTC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Lyra2RE hashing algorithm. It launched on January 10th, 2014. Vertcoin’s total supply is 42,924,725 coins. Vertcoin’s official website is vertcoin.org. The Reddit community for Vertcoin is /r/vertcoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Vertcoin’s official Twitter account is @vertcoin and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “VertCoin (VTC) is a cryptographic currency, similar to Bitcoin and Litecoin, with one major difference – Vertcoin believes that everyone who has personal computer should be able to join the Vertcoin network. VertCoin is a Litecoin Fork, that in turn is a Bitcoin Fork. Vertcoin is also the first cryptocurrency to implement Stealth Addresses, a new technology for providing privacy on the public ledger. “
Buying and Selling Vertcoin
Vertcoin can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Upbit, CryptoBridge, Poloniex, LiteBit.eu, SouthXchange, Coingi, CoinEgg, Bittylicious, Bleutrade, Bittrex and YoBit. It is not possible to purchase Vertcoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Vertcoin must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Vertcoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Ratings for Vertcoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Vertcoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.