Counterparty (CURRENCY:XCP) traded up 6.6% against the U.S. dollar during the one day period ending at 20:00 PM Eastern on April 7th. During the last week, Counterparty has traded up 13.6% against the U.S. dollar. One Counterparty coin can now be bought for about $11.89 or 0.00171793 BTC on popular exchanges including Zaif, Counterparty DEX, Tux Exchange and Bittrex. Counterparty has a market cap of $31.12 million and approximately $135,409.00 worth of Counterparty was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 4% against the dollar and now trades at $6,937.85 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 4.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $642.95 or 0.09286930 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 7.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.87 or 0.00026945 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded up 3.1% against the dollar and now trades at $130.57 or 0.01886000 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded up 4.9% against the dollar and now trades at $1.48 or 0.00021429 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.12 or 0.00016232 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded up 4.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.20 or 0.00002837 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded 2.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.28 or 0.00004042 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded up 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.16 or 0.00002266 BTC.
- UnbreakableCoin (UNB) traded 7.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.58 or 0.00008354 BTC.
XCP is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. Its launch date was January 2nd, 2014. Counterparty’s total supply is 2,616,642 coins. Counterparty’s official Twitter account is @CounterpartyXCP and its Facebook page is accessible here. Counterparty’s official message board is counterpartytalk.org. The official website for Counterparty is counterparty.io. The Reddit community for Counterparty is /r/counterparty_xcp and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Counterparty is not a traditional crypto currency and is more of a payment network – using bitcoin as the transport layer. Counterparty is a free and open platform that puts powerful financial tools in the hands of everyone with an Internet connection. By harnessing the power of the Bitcoin network, Counterparty creates a robust and secure marketplace directly on the Bitcoin blockchain, extending Bitcoin’s functionality from a peer-to-peer payment network into a full fledged peer-to-peer financial platform. In addition to sending money without third-party intermediation you can trade, do business, and engage in advanced financial contracts without having to trust anyone else to hold your funds or do your accounting. Along with the Counterparty protocol, the platform consists of the native XCP token to perform advanced operations, and the secure, browser-based Counterwallet to provide the functionality. “
Buying and Selling Counterparty
Counterparty can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Counterparty DEX, Zaif, Poloniex, Bittrex and Tux Exchange. It is not presently possible to purchase Counterparty directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Counterparty must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Counterparty using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Counterparty Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Counterparty and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.