Komodo (CURRENCY:KMD) traded 4.9% higher against the dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 8:00 AM Eastern on March 15th. One Komodo coin can currently be purchased for about $2.53 or 0.00036749 BTC on exchanges including HitBTC, CoinExchange, BarterDEX and Binance. Over the last week, Komodo has traded up 5.1% against the dollar. Komodo has a total market capitalization of $262.71 million and $1.11 million worth of Komodo was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded up 3.7% against the dollar and now trades at $40.93 or 0.00595704 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 2.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $180.48 or 0.02626600 BTC.
- ZenCash (ZEN) traded up 9.5% against the dollar and now trades at $23.53 or 0.00342484 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded 2.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.95 or 0.00057504 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded up 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0027 or 0.00000039 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded 3.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.84 or 0.00012294 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded up 0.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.50 or 0.00007243 BTC.
- Bitgem (BTG) traded 8.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $8.24 or 0.00119959 BTC.
- VoteCoin (VOT) traded up 5.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0080 or 0.00000116 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded 1.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $19.24 or 0.00279994 BTC.
KMD is a dPoW/PoW coin that uses the Equihash hashing algorithm. It was first traded on September 1st, 2016. Komodo’s total supply is 104,038,764 coins. The official message board for Komodo is blog.komodoplatform.com. Komodo’s official website is komodoplatform.com. The Reddit community for Komodo is /r/komodoplatform and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Komodo’s official Twitter account is @komodoplatform and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Komodo is a privacy-centric cryptocurrency that combines the anonymity of ZCash with the security of Bitcoin. Using a new consensus mechanism developed by the Komodo team, delayed Proof of Work, Komodo blocks can be notarized using the Bitcoin blockchain. KMD is issued through an Equihash-based PoW protocol, and the new block information is sent to pre-voted notary nodes. These nodes insert the Komodo block information on the BTC blockchain by creating a custom transaction. This system ensures that in order to “hack” komodo, one would have to rewrite both chains.Komodo uses Zero Knowledge Proofs to provide 100% anonymous transactions, that are now secured with Bitcoin's hash rate. “
Komodo Coin Trading
Komodo can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: CoinExchange, Cryptopia, Upbit, HitBTC, Binance, BarterDEX, Bittrex and Cryptox. It is not currently possible to purchase Komodo directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Komodo must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Komodo using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Ratings for Komodo Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Komodo and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.