Ripple (CURRENCY:XRP) traded 3.1% higher against the U.S. dollar during the one day period ending at 7:00 AM E.T. on March 15th. One Ripple coin can currently be purchased for about $0.48 or 0.00007071 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Poloniex, Gate.io, The Rock Trading and Exmo. Ripple has a market capitalization of $18.95 billion and $195.77 million worth of Ripple was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. Over the last seven days, Ripple has traded 5.8% lower against the U.S. dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Stellar (XLM) traded 4.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.20 or 0.00002932 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded up 3.1% against the dollar and now trades at $46.58 or 0.00679412 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded 3.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.97 or 0.00014142 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded 1.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0365 or 0.00000533 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded up 0.2% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00014607 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded 2.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $12.49 or 0.00182171 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded 7.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.50 or 0.00036524 BTC.
- Ontology (ONT) traded up 40.7% against the dollar and now trades at $3.77 or 0.00055043 BTC.
- Walton (WTC) traded 7.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $22.77 or 0.00246724 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded up 4.4% against the dollar and now trades at $11.89 or 0.00173368 BTC.
Ripple’s genesis date was February 2nd, 2013. Ripple’s total supply is 99,992,405,149 coins and its circulating supply is 39,094,520,623 coins. Ripple’s official Twitter account is @Ripple and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official website for Ripple is ripple.com. The Reddit community for Ripple is /r/ripple and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official message board for Ripple is www.xrpchat.com.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ripple positions itself as a complement to, rather than a competitor with, Bitcoin – the site has a page dedicated to Ripple for bitcoiners. Ripple is a distributed network which means transactions occur immediately across the network – and as it is peer to peer – the network is resilient to systemic risk. Ripples aren't mined – unlike bitcoin and its peers – but each transaction destroys a small amount of XRP which adds a deflationary measure into the system. There are 100 billion XRP at present.”
Buying and Selling Ripple
Ripple can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Altcoin Trader, Bitbank, BitFlip, Exrates, BX Thailand, Bitcoin Indonesia, Gatehub, Qryptos, Bittrex, Kraken, BTC Markets, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, Bits Blockchain, Bitsane, Koinex, Gate.io, Korbit, Tripe Dice Exchange, CEX.IO, Abucoins, Coinrail, Binance, Ripple China, Poloniex, Huobi, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), Bitso, CoinEgg, HitBTC, AEX, Coinone, Exmo, Bitinka, Upbit, The Rock Trading, Mr. Exchange, RippleFox, Bitfinex, ZB.COM, Bithumb, Bitstamp, Cryptomate, LiteBit.eu, Coinbene, BCEX and Rippex. It is not possible to purchase Ripple directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Ripple must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Ripple using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Ripple Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Ripple and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.