Ripple (CURRENCY:XRP) traded 0.1% lower against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 23:00 PM Eastern on March 16th. One Ripple coin can now be bought for about $0.49 or 0.00007043 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Exrates, CEX.IO, BitFlip and Abucoins. In the last week, Ripple has traded down 3.4% against the U.S. dollar. Ripple has a total market cap of $19.14 billion and $176.45 million worth of Ripple was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Stellar (XLM) traded 1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.20 or 0.00002910 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded 0.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $46.65 or 0.00671317 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded up 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.99 or 0.00014245 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded down 0.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0367 or 0.00000529 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00014372 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $12.47 or 0.00179507 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded up 5.1% against the dollar and now trades at $2.54 or 0.00036523 BTC.
- Ontology (ONT) traded 3.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.44 or 0.00049498 BTC.
- Walton (WTC) traded 7.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $22.77 or 0.00246724 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded up 2.6% against the dollar and now trades at $12.19 or 0.00175364 BTC.
Ripple Coin Profile
Ripple was first traded on February 2nd, 2013. Ripple’s total supply is 99,992,405,149 coins and its circulating supply is 39,094,520,623 coins. Ripple’s official website is ripple.com. Ripple’s official Twitter account is @Ripple and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official message board for Ripple is www.xrpchat.com. The Reddit community for Ripple is /r/ripple and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ripple positions itself as a complement to, rather than a competitor with, Bitcoin – the site has a page dedicated to Ripple for bitcoiners. Ripple is a distributed network which means transactions occur immediately across the network – and as it is peer to peer – the network is resilient to systemic risk. Ripples aren't mined – unlike bitcoin and its peers – but each transaction destroys a small amount of XRP which adds a deflationary measure into the system. There are 100 billion XRP at present.”
Buying and Selling Ripple
Ripple can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Bits Blockchain, LiteBit.eu, ZB.COM, Bitcoin Indonesia, Kraken, Korbit, BCEX, Cryptomate, Poloniex, Coinrail, Ripple China, BitFlip, Altcoin Trader, CEX.IO, BX Thailand, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), Bitso, Upbit, Bittrex, Bitfinex, Huobi, AEX, Coinone, Bitbank, Koinex, Bithumb, Binance, Qryptos, HitBTC, Tripe Dice Exchange, Exmo, Rippex, Exrates, Bitstamp, Bitinka, Gate.io, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, The Rock Trading, Gatehub, RippleFox, CoinEgg, Abucoins, BTC Markets, Mr. Exchange, Bitsane and Coinbene. It is not presently possible to purchase Ripple directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Ripple must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Ripple using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Ripple Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Ripple and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.