Siacoin (CURRENCY:SC) traded up 3.3% against the US dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 7:00 AM Eastern on March 15th. Over the last week, Siacoin has traded 0.3% higher against the US dollar. Siacoin has a market cap of $365.55 million and $3.80 million worth of Siacoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Siacoin coin can currently be purchased for about $0.0109 or 0.00000159 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including BITHOLIC, Poloniex, Bisq and Bittrex.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 3.8% against the dollar and now trades at $6,873.52 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded 3.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $382.29 or 0.05575950 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 3% against the dollar and now trades at $629.92 or 0.09187910 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 2.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $117.54 or 0.01714460 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded up 1.4% against the dollar and now trades at $169.14 or 0.02467050 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 32.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded 2.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $13.49 or 0.00196828 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded up 18.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0631 or 0.00000921 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded up 6% against the dollar and now trades at $5.22 or 0.00076185 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded up 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $40.97 or 0.00597544 BTC.
Siacoin Coin Profile
Siacoin is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Blake2b hashing algorithm. It was first traded on June 6th, 2015. Siacoin’s total supply is 33,627,341,664 coins. Siacoin’s official Twitter account is @SiaTechHQ and its Facebook page is accessible here. Siacoin’s official website is sia.tech. The Reddit community for Siacoin is /r/Siacoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Sia is an actively developed decentralized storage platform. Users all over the world contribute disk storage from their computers to form a decentralized network. Anybody with siacoins can rent storage from hosts on Sia. This is accomplish via “smart” storage contracts stored on the Sia blockchain. The smart contract provides a payment to the host only after the host has kept the file for a given amount of time. If the host loses the file, the host does not get paid. The distrubuted nature of the Sia network enables many optimizations in latency, throughput, reliability, and security. The decentralized nature of the Sia network enables anyone with storage to get paid, lowering the barrier to entry and reducing the overall price of cloud storage. The Sia cryptocurrency is live! You can rent storage using siacoins and hosts providing storage to the network receive compensation in the form of siacoins. The storage platform itself is still in beta, and only uploads that are 500mb or less in size are supported by the wallet. “
Siacoin Coin Trading
Siacoin can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Poloniex, Bisq, Bittrex, Abucoins, Upbit, HitBTC and BITHOLIC. It is not possible to purchase Siacoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Siacoin must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Siacoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Siacoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Siacoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.