Tether (CURRENCY:USDT) traded 0.1% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 13:00 PM ET on April 7th. During the last seven days, Tether has traded up 0.1% against the U.S. dollar. One Tether token can now be purchased for about $1.00 or 0.00014259 BTC on popular exchanges including Coinbene, Poloniex, Tidex and Gate.io. Tether has a market capitalization of $2.29 billion and $1.32 billion worth of Tether was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Ripple (XRP) traded up 4.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.49 or 0.00007037 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded up 5.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.20 or 0.00002914 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded up 6.2% against the dollar and now trades at $47.62 or 0.00677729 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded up 7.7% against the dollar and now trades at $1.01 or 0.00014347 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded up 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0373 or 0.00000531 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded up 2.6% against the dollar and now trades at $12.54 or 0.00178405 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded up 12.7% against the dollar and now trades at $2.66 or 0.00037907 BTC.
- Ontology (ONT) traded 23.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.71 or 0.00052759 BTC.
- Walton (WTC) traded up 7.9% against the dollar and now trades at $22.77 or 0.00246724 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded 7.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $12.38 or 0.00176138 BTC.
Tether Token Profile
Tether was first traded on June 10th, 2014. Tether’s total supply is 2,580,109,970 tokens and its circulating supply is 2,287,140,814 tokens. Tether’s official website is tether.to. Tether’s official Twitter account is @Tether_to.
According to CryptoCompare, “USDT is a cryptocurrency asset issued on the Bitcoin blockchain via the Omni Layer Protocol. Each USDT unit is backed by a U.S Dollar held in the reserves of the Tether Limited and can be redeemed through the Tether Platform. USDT can be transferred, stored, spent, just like bitcoins or any other cryptocurrency. USDT and other Tether currencies were created to facilitate the transfer of national currencies, to provide users with a stable alternative to Bitcoin and to provide an alternative for exchange and wallet audits which are currently unreliable. USDT provides an alternative to Proof of Solvency methods by introducing a Proof of Reserves Process. In the Tether Proof of Reserves system, the amount of USDT in circulations can be easily checked on the Bitcoin blockchain via the tools provided at Omnichest.info, while the corresponding total amount of USD held reserves is proved by publishing the bank balance and undergoing periodic audits by professionals. “
Tether Token Trading
Tether can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Kraken, Gate.io, Poloniex, Liqui, Tidex, Huobi, Coinbene, Binance, OKEx, HitBTC, Exmo, Bibox, ZB.COM, Kucoin, Upbit, Bittrex, Cryptopia, Coinut, Bitfinex and EXX. It is not presently possible to purchase Tether directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Tether must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Tether using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Tether Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Tether and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.