bitCNY (CURRENCY:BITCNY) traded up 1.5% against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 9:00 AM Eastern on April 8th. During the last week, bitCNY has traded 2.2% higher against the U.S. dollar. One bitCNY token can currently be bought for $0.17 or 0.00002464 BTC on popular exchanges including Coinbene, OpenLedger DEX, AEX and BitShares Asset Exchange. bitCNY has a total market cap of $27.22 million and approximately $12.89 million worth of bitCNY was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Ripple (XRP) traded up 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.50 or 0.00007021 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded up 2.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.21 or 0.00002921 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded up 2.9% against the dollar and now trades at $47.70 or 0.00675192 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded up 7.4% against the dollar and now trades at $1.04 or 0.00014706 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded up 2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0378 or 0.00000535 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00014138 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded 1.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $12.32 or 0.00174366 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded 3.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.59 or 0.00036622 BTC.
- Ontology (ONT) traded 7.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.52 or 0.00049764 BTC.
- Walton (WTC) traded 7.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $22.77 or 0.00246724 BTC.
bitCNY’s launch date was November 5th, 2015. bitCNY’s total supply is 156,331,000 tokens. The official message board for bitCNY is bitsharestalk.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “bitCNY is a market pegged asset (MPA) issued on the Bitshares platform, these assets are known as bitassets or smartcoins. Smartcoins always have 100% or more of its value backed by BitShares (BTS), and can be redeemed for it at any time. Since the exchange rate of BTS to CNY can change, the blockchain protocol deals with increasing and decreasing supply accordingly. This allows users to trade and transfer stable priced tokens across the blockchain and to trade real world commodities like gold and silver in a decentralized manner. “
Buying and Selling bitCNY
bitCNY can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: BitShares Asset Exchange, AEX, Coinbene and OpenLedger DEX. It is not presently possible to buy bitCNY directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade bitCNY must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy bitCNY using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for bitCNY Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for bitCNY and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.