Bitcoin (CURRENCY:BTC) traded 3% higher against the dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 9:00 AM Eastern on March 16th. One Bitcoin coin can now be purchased for approximately $7,081.22 on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Independent Reserve, Negocie Coins, YoBit and CEX.IO. In the last week, Bitcoin has traded 5.1% higher against the dollar. Bitcoin has a market cap of $120.14 billion and approximately $3.99 billion worth of Bitcoin was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $655.69 or 0.09281220 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded up 9.2% against the dollar and now trades at $1.93 or 0.00027256 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 5.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $12.20 or 0.00172656 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded up 0.2% against the dollar and now trades at $129.90 or 0.01838650 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded up 3.5% against the dollar and now trades at $1.48 or 0.00020999 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 6.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.17 or 0.00016507 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded up 2.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.20 or 0.00002827 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded 14.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.27 or 0.00003862 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded down 7.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.15 or 0.00002086 BTC.
- UnbreakableCoin (UNB) traded up 3.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.59 or 0.00008330 BTC.
Bitcoin (BTC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was January 3rd, 2009. Bitcoin’s total supply is 16,965,312 coins. The Reddit community for Bitcoin is /r/bitcoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Bitcoin’s official Twitter account is @bitcoin and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official message board for Bitcoin is bitcointalk.org. Bitcoin’s official website is bitcoin.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “Bitcoin uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority or banks; managing transactions and the issuing of bitcoins is carried out collectively by the network. Although other cryptocurrencies have come before, Bitcoin is the first decentralized cryptocurrency – Its reputation has spawned copies and evolution in the space.With the largest variety of markets and the biggest value – having reached a peak of 18 billion USD – Bitcoin is here to stay. As with any new invention, there can be improvements or flaws in the initial model however the community and a team of dedicated developers are pushing to overcome any obstacle they come across. It is also the most traded cryptocurrency and one of the main entry points for all the other cryptocurrencies. The price is as unstable as always and it can go up or down by 10%-20% in a single day.Bitcoin is an SHA-256 POW coin with 21,000,000 total minable coins. The block time is 10 minutes. “
Bitcoin Coin Trading
Bitcoin can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Tidex, itBit, Bit-Z, BitMEX, Kraken, RightBTC, CoinExchange, Exmo, Bithumb, Korbit, xBTCe, Coinsquare, CoinsBank, Zaif, Coinone, QuadrigaCX, Liqui, Bitso, Paribu, GetBTC, BL3P, Bitstamp, CEX.IO, GDAX, Gate.io, Independent Reserve, Poloniex, Coinfloor, Livecoin, Allcoin, ACX, Fisco, Upbit, Kucoin, BitBay, Negocie Coins, Luno, Bittrex, Bitonic, YoBit, Huobi, WEX, CoinEgg, Coinroom, CoolCoin, Lbank, BTCC, EXX, Quoine, Cryptopia, Binance, Bibox, bitFlyer, Coinrail, Foxbit, Bitfinex, Bitbank, Bitcoin Indonesia, BTC Markets, ZB.COM, BTCTurk, Coinnest, Mr. Exchange, LakeBTC, BX Thailand, BtcTrade.im, Gatecoin, Bleutrade, OKEx, HitBTC, Gemini, BTCBOX and BitGrail. Investors seeking to trade Bitcoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Coinbase, GDAX or Changelly.
Receive News & Ratings for Bitcoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Bitcoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.