FairCoin (CURRENCY:FAIR) traded 0.1% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 21:00 PM E.T. on March 17th. FairCoin has a total market capitalization of $18.83 million and $807.00 worth of FairCoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One FairCoin coin can now be purchased for approximately $0.35 or 0.00005000 BTC on exchanges including CoinExchange and Bittrex. In the last seven days, FairCoin has traded up 16.9% against the U.S. dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Dash (DASH) traded 5.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $316.88 or 0.04475500 BTC.
- Bitcoin Diamond (BCD) traded up 7.8% against the dollar and now trades at $2.58 or 0.00036438 BTC.
- Stratis (STRAT) traded up 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $3.79 or 0.00053470 BTC.
- Decred (DCR) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $50.49 or 0.00713101 BTC.
- Aeternity (AE) traded 1.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.42 or 0.00020024 BTC.
- Hshare (HSR) traded up 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $5.31 or 0.00074992 BTC.
- PIVX (PIVX) traded 2.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.99 or 0.00056387 BTC.
- NAV Coin (NAV) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $1.90 or 0.00016391 BTC.
- ReddCoin (RDD) traded 1.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0041 or 0.00000057 BTC.
- Emercoin (EMC) traded 2.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.29 or 0.00032356 BTC.
FairCoin is a PoW/PoS coin that uses the ProofofCooperation hashing algorithm. Its launch date was March 4th, 2014. FairCoin’s total supply is 53,193,831 coins. The official website for FairCoin is fair-coin.org. FairCoin’s official Twitter account is @FairCoinTeam and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “FairCoin is a decentralised virtual currency, distributed through a vast airdrop process during the 6th and 8th of March, 2014 . An approximate 49,750 addresses were logged for the giveaway, each able to claim 1000 FAIR per hour. Automated airdrop claiming methods had no effect, as each IP address could register once per hour, and 2 different captchas had to be solved. These security precautions were hidden till the day of distribution. FairCoin's vast distribution method allowed a good portion of the cryptocurrency community to claim a little bit of the 50,000,000 FairCoins, each. “
Buying and Selling FairCoin
FairCoin can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: CoinExchange and Bittrex. It is not currently possible to purchase FairCoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire FairCoin must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase FairCoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for FairCoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for FairCoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.