Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded 1.1% higher against the US dollar during the 1 day period ending at 10:00 AM E.T. on March 16th. In the last week, Litecoin has traded 4.2% higher against the US dollar. One Litecoin coin can currently be purchased for $118.16 or 0.01671460 BTC on major exchanges including BITHOLIC, Bibox, Liqui and Waves Decentralized Exchange. Litecoin has a market capitalization of $6.62 billion and approximately $206.31 million worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Verge (XVG) traded 2.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0651 or 0.00000921 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded up 0.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.52 or 0.00007320 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 3.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0029 or 0.00000041 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 5.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.28 or 0.00003954 BTC.
- Matrix AI Network (MAN) traded 9.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.58 or 0.00008195 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded up 2.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.31 or 0.00004453 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded 2.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.08 or 0.00015299 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded up 6.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0781 or 0.00001105 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded up 10.8% against the dollar and now trades at $1.72 or 0.00024371 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded up 5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.17 or 0.00002443 BTC.
LTC is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. Its launch date was October 8th, 2011. Litecoin’s total supply is 55,992,312 coins. Litecoin’s official Twitter account is @LitecoinProject and its Facebook page is accessible here. Litecoin’s official website is litecoin.com. Litecoin’s official message board is litecointalk.io. The Reddit community for Litecoin is /r/litecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Litecoin Coin Trading
Litecoin can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Coinut, BCEX, TDAX, Cryptopia, GDAX, CoinEgg, FreiExchange, LiteBit.eu, BtcTrade.im, C-CEX, DSX, Bithumb, Coinsquare, Bitso, BitBay, Bitsane, Bitbank, Tidex, OpenLedger DEX, Liqui, Koinim, RippleFox, Bit-Z, Bittrex, Exmo, Gatecoin, Bitmaszyna, OKEx, Bittylicious, CoinsBank, Livecoin, Bitlish, QuadrigaCX, BTC Trade UA, Coinone, Bitinka, BigONE, Qryptos, xBTCe, CoinEx, HitBTC, CoinFalcon, Exrates, GOPAX, Bit2C, Gate.io, ChaoEX, CoolCoin, COSS, Trade Satoshi, NIX-E, Abucoins, Allcoin, Tux Exchange, BitKonan, YoBit, BitGrail, CoinExchange, Cryptox, The Rock Trading, VirtacoinWorld, Koineks, Kucoin, Braziliex, Kraken, BITHOLIC, ZB.COM, Binance, BX Thailand, Bisq, Coinhouse, LocalTrade, Coinroom, BitFlip, Huobi, Koinex, Cryptomate, BTC Markets, Mr. Exchange, Dgtmarket, BTC-Alpha, Upbit, Bitstamp, Poloniex, Bitfinex, WEX, OKCoin.cn, Mercado Bitcoin, Bibox, Bitcoin Indonesia, BitMarket, CryptoBridge, Mercatox, Coingi, EXX, Altcoin Trader, Waves Decentralized Exchange, SouthXchange, Bleutrade, AEX, Coinbene, RightBTC, Coinrail, Stocks.Exchange, TOPBTC, OkCoin Intl., Bits Blockchain, Tripe Dice Exchange and Negocie Coins. Investors seeking to trade Litecoin using US dollars directly can do so using Coinbase, Changelly or GDAX.
Receive News & Ratings for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Litecoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.