Zcash (CURRENCY:ZEC) traded up 2.8% against the U.S. dollar during the one day period ending at 21:00 PM ET on April 8th. In the last week, Zcash has traded 0.5% lower against the U.S. dollar. Zcash has a market cap of $683.24 million and approximately $28.91 million worth of Zcash was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Zcash coin can currently be purchased for approximately $186.67 or 0.02633040 BTC on exchanges including Abucoins, BTC-Alpha, Coinroom and WEX.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 3.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $42.76 or 0.00603104 BTC.
- ZenCash (ZEN) traded 3.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $25.52 or 0.00360015 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded 9.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.41 or 0.00062158 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded 1.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0028 or 0.00000039 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded down 2.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.46 or 0.00006442 BTC.
- Bitgem (BTG) traded up 12.4% against the dollar and now trades at $9.22 or 0.00130000 BTC.
- VoteCoin (VOT) traded 2.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0085 or 0.00000120 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded 13.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $14.78 or 0.00208487 BTC.
Zcash Coin Profile
ZEC is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Equihash hashing algorithm. It launched on October 28th, 2016. Zcash’s total supply is 3,660,094 coins. Zcash’s official message board is forum.z.cash. Zcash’s official Twitter account is @zcashco and its Facebook page is accessible here. Zcash’s official website is z.cash.
According to CryptoCompare, “ZCash is a privacy driven cryptocurrency. It uses the Equihash as an algorithm, which is an asymmetric memory-hard Proof of Work algorithm based on the generalized birthday problem. It relies on high RAM requirements to bottleneck the generation of proofs and making ASIC development unfeasible. ZCash uses zero-knowledge Succinct Non-interactive Arguments of Knowledge (zk-SNARKs) to ensure that all information (sender, reciever, ammount) is encrypted, without the possibility of double-spending. The only information that is revealed regarding transactions is the time in which they take place. Block explorer data from https://explorer.zcha.in/ “
Zcash Coin Trading
Zcash can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Mercatox, Cryptopia, Coinrail, Bit-Z, Coinroom, Exmo, Cryptomate, Huobi, Waves Decentralized Exchange, BigONE, YoBit, The Rock Trading, Gate.io, BTC-Alpha, Upbit, Trade Satoshi, Allcoin, LocalTrade, Abucoins, CEX.IO, BX Thailand, Poloniex, HitBTC, WEX, Lbank, LiteBit.eu, Bithumb, CoinEx, Qryptos, Bitfinex, Kraken, Binance, CoinExchange, Altcoin Trader, C-CEX, Bitlish, OKEx, Bittrex, Exrates, GOPAX, Tux Exchange and BCEX. It is not presently possible to purchase Zcash directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Zcash must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Zcash using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Zcash Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Zcash and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.