BlackCoin (CURRENCY:BLK) traded 3.5% lower against the dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 18:00 PM ET on April 9th. Over the last week, BlackCoin has traded up 3.2% against the dollar. One BlackCoin coin can currently be purchased for $0.21 or 0.00003086 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including CoinEgg, LiteBit.eu, Bittylicious and Cryptopia. BlackCoin has a market capitalization of $15.89 million and $1.47 million worth of BlackCoin was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Qtum (QTUM) traded 0.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $13.46 or 0.00200600 BTC.
- BitBay (BAY) traded down 1.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0379 or 0.00000565 BTC.
- Radium (RADS) traded 10.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.98 or 0.00059396 BTC.
- Rubycoin (RBY) traded down 5.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.34 or 0.00005023 BTC.
- Atmos (ATMS) traded down 1.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0490 or 0.00000730 BTC.
- Global Currency Reserve (GCR) traded up 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0330 or 0.00000492 BTC.
- NuShares (NSR) traded 23.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0003 or 0.00000004 BTC.
- CybCSec (XCS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0024 or 0.00000031 BTC.
BlackCoin Coin Profile
BlackCoin is a proof-of-stake (PoS) coin that uses the Proof of Stake hashing algorithm. Its launch date was February 24th, 2014. BlackCoin’s total supply is 76,771,949 coins. BlackCoin’s official Twitter account is @CoinBlack. The Reddit community for BlackCoin is /r/blackcoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official website for BlackCoin is www.blackcoin.co.
According to CryptoCompare, “BlackCoin has seen initial success due to its innovative features. The coin has incorporated bitcoin upgrades to reduce transaction risk. The coin initially uses proof of work as well as proof of stake, with the proof of work being dropped after the 10000th block. The advantages of Blackcoins proof of stake is that it has extremely fast transaction confirmation times at ten seconds – compared to bitcoins ten minutes plus. The other bonus is the low energy consumption without PoW mining. Interest is paid annually at a 1% rate – well below the present global average. “
Buying and Selling BlackCoin
BlackCoin can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Poloniex, Tux Exchange, Bittrex, Bleutrade, AEX, Bit-Z, Bittylicious, LiteBit.eu, CoinExchange, Cryptopia, CoinEgg and Livecoin. It is not possible to buy BlackCoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire BlackCoin must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy BlackCoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for BlackCoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for BlackCoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.