Dogecoin (CURRENCY:DOGE) traded 2% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 1 day period ending at 3:00 AM ET on March 17th. One Dogecoin coin can currently be purchased for approximately $0.0029 or 0.00000041 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Exmo, Coinhouse, C-CEX and Upbit. In the last week, Dogecoin has traded 3.9% higher against the U.S. dollar. Dogecoin has a total market cap of $329.13 million and approximately $4.32 million worth of Dogecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Litecoin (LTC) traded up 4.2% against the dollar and now trades at $121.15 or 0.01700610 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded up 16.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0730 or 0.00001025 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded up 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.52 or 0.00007280 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.29 or 0.00004057 BTC.
- Matrix AI Network (MAN) traded up 2.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.57 or 0.00008008 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded 4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.33 or 0.00004602 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded 5.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.16 or 0.00016269 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded up 6.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0798 or 0.00001120 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded 2.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.72 or 0.00024086 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded up 8.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00002543 BTC.
Dogecoin Coin Profile
Dogecoin is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. It was first traded on December 8th, 2013. Dogecoin’s total supply is 113,947,930,428 coins. The Reddit community for Dogecoin is /r/dogecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Dogecoin’s official website is dogecoin.com. Dogecoin’s official Twitter account is @dogecoin and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “A Bitcoin clone that has reached success through clever marketing. Over the past year well over a hundred new cryptocurrencies have been created but not many have instantly carved out a niche. Dogecoin has sponsored multiple high profile events such as Nascar teams and the winter olympics – even so there are few locations to use the coin – and instead it has become a de facto internet tipping currency. The coin has produced 100 billion units by the end of 2014 and is now producing roughly 5 billion units per year. “
Dogecoin Coin Trading
Dogecoin can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Mercatox, C-CEX, Gate.io, DC-Ex, Cryptomate, CoinExchange, Bitcoin Indonesia, Bits Blockchain, Bittylicious, SouthXchange, BitGrail, NIX-E, Trade Satoshi, Coinhouse, OpenLedger DEX, Bleutrade, Kraken, Stocks.Exchange, YoBit, Poloniex, CoinEgg, Livecoin, Koineks, Tidex, Coinsquare, BTC Trade UA, Tux Exchange, alcurEX, Bit-Z, BX Thailand, Tripe Dice Exchange, Cryptopia, BtcTrade.im, Bittrex, BCEX, Coingi, AEX, Upbit, Exrates, LiteBit.eu, CryptoBridge, BitFlip, Exmo and HitBTC. It is not possible to buy Dogecoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Dogecoin must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Dogecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Dogecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Dogecoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.