Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded 3.8% higher against the U.S. dollar during the one day period ending at 2:00 AM ET on March 17th. One Litecoin coin can currently be bought for approximately $120.89 or 0.01699930 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Bisq, BitGrail, Bit2C and Huobi. Litecoin has a market cap of $6.77 billion and approximately $213.18 million worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. During the last seven days, Litecoin has traded up 1.8% against the U.S. dollar.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Verge (XVG) traded up 12.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0702 or 0.00000988 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 0.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.52 or 0.00007284 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded up 1.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0029 or 0.00000040 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 5.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.29 or 0.00004042 BTC.
- Matrix AI Network (MAN) traded up 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.57 or 0.00007996 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded 3.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.33 or 0.00004614 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded up 5.5% against the dollar and now trades at $1.16 or 0.00016331 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded up 5.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0795 or 0.00001117 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded 1.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.71 or 0.00024049 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded up 7.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00002528 BTC.
Litecoin is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. It was first traded on October 8th, 2011. Litecoin’s total supply is 56,001,893 coins. The official website for Litecoin is litecoin.com. The Reddit community for Litecoin is /r/litecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Litecoin’s official Twitter account is @LitecoinProject and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official message board for Litecoin is litecointalk.io.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Buying and Selling Litecoin
Litecoin can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: CoinEx, BITHOLIC, Bleutrade, Bittrex, Bittylicious, Negocie Coins, VirtacoinWorld, SouthXchange, Coinrail, Bitfinex, WEX, RippleFox, Mr. Exchange, BitGrail, AEX, Kucoin, Tidex, HitBTC, Altcoin Trader, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Gatecoin, BigONE, Bit-Z, BitFlip, Bitstamp, Trade Satoshi, Bits Blockchain, OKEx, Qryptos, Bitinka, YoBit, BitMarket, Bisq, Kraken, Coinroom, Dgtmarket, TDAX, LiteBit.eu, xBTCe, Bitsane, Binance, Tripe Dice Exchange, Upbit, COSS, Mercatox, Bitcoin Indonesia, BtcTrade.im, Livecoin, DSX, Stocks.Exchange, BCEX, GOPAX, CryptoBridge, Abucoins, BTC Trade UA, Bitlish, Coingi, Mercado Bitcoin, Cryptopia, Gate.io, Braziliex, Exrates, BitBay, Bit2C, EXX, Liqui, RightBTC, CoinFalcon, FreiExchange, OKCoin.cn, Bibox, BitKonan, The Rock Trading, Huobi, Coinbene, Coinhouse, BTC-Alpha, Coinut, BTC Markets, Cryptox, Bitmaszyna, LocalTrade, CoinExchange, Coinone, Bithumb, QuadrigaCX, Koinex, Allcoin, Exmo, Koineks, OpenLedger DEX, Bitso, Cryptomate, CoolCoin, Koinim, BX Thailand, ChaoEX, C-CEX, Poloniex, Tux Exchange, Coinsquare, CoinsBank, CoinEgg, ZB.COM, GDAX, OkCoin Intl., Bitbank, TOPBTC and NIX-E. Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using US dollars directly can do so using Coinbase, GDAX or Gemini.
Receive News & Ratings for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Litecoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.