Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Zumiez (NASDAQ: ZUMZ):
- 3/28/2018 – Zumiez was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating.
- 3/20/2018 – Zumiez was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $25.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Zumiez outperformed the industry in the last three months, riding on favorable sales and comps trends. Notably, sales topped estimates for the seventh straight time in fourth-quarter fiscal 2017. Additionally, comps improved for the sixth straight quarter in the fourth quarter and the 12th consecutive month in February. The top-line growth reflects significant gains from its differentiated merchandising strategies, integrated sales channels and excellent customer service. Going into 2018, the company expects sales and comps trends to remain favorable. It projects comps to grow in the low single-digit range in fiscal 2018 and about 4-6% in the first quarter. However, its earnings lagged estimates in the fourth quarter. Though Zumiez remains confident of delivering accelerated earnings growth in fiscal 2018, it provided a soft earnings outlook for the first quarter. The company expects soft operating margin projections to hurt the bottom line.”
- 3/20/2018 – Zumiez was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 3/20/2018 – Zumiez was upgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “c+” rating to a “b-” rating.
- 3/16/2018 – Zumiez had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at B. Riley.
- 3/7/2018 – Zumiez was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Zumiez has outperformed the industry in the past six months, owing to robust top and bottom line surprise trends, alongside solid comps performance in recent months. Though the company posted in line earnings in third-quarter fiscal 2017, it delivered positive earnings surprise for the preceding eight quarters. Moreover, sales topped estimates for the sixth straight quarter. Further, it delivered fifth straight quarter of positive comps in the third quarter. The company’s favorable comps trend continued in January as well. Backed by higher-than-anticipated sales in January, the company now expects earnings per share for the fourth quarter at the higher-end of its previous guidance of 88-90 cents. However, the company continues to be troubled by a tough retail environment, characterized by sluggish mall traffic and macroeconomic uncertainty. Estimates have been going up ahead of the fourth quarter earnings release.”
Shares of Zumiez stock opened at $24.90 on Monday. The company has a market capitalization of $628.72, a P/E ratio of 22.64, a P/E/G ratio of 0.90 and a beta of 1.11. Zumiez Inc. has a fifty-two week low of $11.43 and a fifty-two week high of $25.25.
Zumiez (NASDAQ:ZUMZ) last issued its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, March 15th. The apparel and footwear maker reported $0.82 earnings per share for the quarter, missing analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.90 by ($0.08). Zumiez had a net margin of 2.89% and a return on equity of 8.38%. The company had revenue of $308.20 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $301.75 million. During the same period in the prior year, the business earned $0.74 EPS. The business’s revenue for the quarter was up 16.9% on a year-over-year basis. research analysts expect that Zumiez Inc. will post 1.53 EPS for the current year.
Hedge funds have recently made changes to their positions in the business. HBK Investments L P bought a new position in Zumiez in the fourth quarter valued at approximately $214,000. MetLife Investment Advisors LLC bought a new position in Zumiez in the fourth quarter valued at approximately $218,000. Russell Investments Group Ltd. bought a new position in Zumiez in the third quarter valued at approximately $199,000. Paloma Partners Management Co bought a new position in Zumiez in the fourth quarter valued at approximately $235,000. Finally, Crossmark Global Holdings Inc. bought a new position in Zumiez in the fourth quarter valued at approximately $240,000. 71.94% of the stock is currently owned by hedge funds and other institutional investors.
Zumiez Inc, including its subsidiaries, is a specialty retailer of apparel, footwear, accessories and hardgoods for young men and women through the fashion, music, art and culture of action sports, streetwear and other lifestyles. The Company operates under the names Zumiez, Blue Tomato and Fast Times.
Receive News & Ratings for Zumiez Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Zumiez Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.