BitcoinDark (CURRENCY:BTCD) traded 5.5% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 23:00 PM E.T. on April 16th. BitcoinDark has a market capitalization of $74.81 million and $432,558.00 worth of BitcoinDark was traded on exchanges in the last day. During the last seven days, BitcoinDark has traded up 33.5% against the U.S. dollar. One BitcoinDark coin can currently be bought for $58.04 or 0.00723024 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Bleutrade, Poloniex, Bittrex and Cryptopia.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Emercoin (EMC) traded 2.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.87 or 0.00035717 BTC.
- BitBean (BITB) traded 1.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0255 or 0.00000172 BTC.
- Experience Points (XP) traded 9.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0002 or 0.00000002 BTC.
- Universal Currency (UNIT) traded 1.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.70 or 0.00008734 BTC.
- Internet of People (IOP) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $1.92 or 0.00023913 BTC.
- Neutron (NTRN) traded down 1.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.14 or 0.00001709 BTC.
- Sprouts (SPRTS) traded 2.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Breakout (BRK) traded up 16.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00002753 BTC.
- BitTokens (BXT) traded down 57.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.78 or 0.00009753 BTC.
- PX (PX) traded 2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0026 or 0.00000033 BTC.
BitcoinDark (BTCD) is a PoW/PoS coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. Its launch date was July 9th, 2014. BitcoinDark’s total supply is 1,288,862 coins. The Reddit community for BitcoinDark is /r/bitcoindark and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. BitcoinDark’s official Twitter account is @BitcoinDark. BitcoinDark’s official website is bitcoindark.com.
According to CryptoCompare, “Bitcoin Dark (BTCD) is a PoW and PoS hybrid alternatve crypto currency based on the same algorithm as Bitcoin itself – SHA256 – the difference is in the intent behind development – where Bitcoin is moving towards regulatory approval with increased transparency, BitcoinDark tries to push further of the belief of decentralisation and anonymity. The block time is 60 seconds – there was a 1.5 premine and a total of 22 million coins are scheduled to be produced. Following the announcement of the Komodo Platform by the SuperNet team, BitcoinDark could be swapped for KMD coins and will be so until 2018. BTCD technology will be further advanced in the KMD platform. “
Buying and Selling BitcoinDark
BitcoinDark can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bittrex, Bleutrade, Poloniex and Cryptopia. It is not presently possible to purchase BitcoinDark directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire BitcoinDark must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase BitcoinDark using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for BitcoinDark Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for BitcoinDark and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.