Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded up 0% against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 9:00 AM E.T. on April 18th. Litecoin has a total market cap of $7.71 billion and $403.29 million worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Litecoin coin can now be bought for about $137.31 or 0.01695580 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including DSX, Braziliex, Bits Blockchain and Gate.io. During the last seven days, Litecoin has traded 19.8% higher against the U.S. dollar.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Verge (XVG) traded down 24.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0710 or 0.00000876 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 5.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.92 or 0.00011390 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded up 3.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0050 or 0.00000062 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded up 2.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.39 or 0.00004790 BTC.
- Matrix AI Network (MAN) traded up 4.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.75 or 0.00009231 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded up 2.5% against the dollar and now trades at $1.72 or 0.00021220 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded 1.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.42 or 0.00005235 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded up 12.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.12 or 0.00001477 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded 24.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.31 or 0.00003886 BTC.
- Viacoin (VIA) traded up 4.4% against the dollar and now trades at $2.06 or 0.00025436 BTC.
Litecoin (CRYPTO:LTC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. It launched on October 8th, 2011. Litecoin’s total supply is 56,137,038 coins. Litecoin’s official Twitter account is @LitecoinProject and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Litecoin is /r/litecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official message board for Litecoin is litecointalk.io. The official website for Litecoin is litecoin.com.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Buying and Selling Litecoin
Litecoin can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: BtcTrade.im, RightBTC, Dgtmarket, Bits Blockchain, GOPAX, Cryptox, OKEx, Kucoin, Coinrail, RippleFox, BigONE, BitMarket, Bit-Z, Altcoin Trader, Negocie Coins, Exrates, Bitsane, The Rock Trading, AEX, Bitstamp, OpenLedger DEX, TOPBTC, CoinEgg, FreiExchange, Qryptos, BTC Markets, CoinsBank, Braziliex, Liqui, SouthXchange, BTC-Alpha, TDAX, Bleutrade, Huobi, BitBay, Upbit, Bitinka, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Coinhouse, Allcoin, CoinFalcon, Kraken, Coinone, CoinExchange, HitBTC, Trade Satoshi, Bitcoin Indonesia, Mercatox, WEX, Abucoins, Binance, Cryptomate, VirtacoinWorld, Coinsquare, BX Thailand, Bitmaszyna, ZB.COM, Koinex, Bibox, Bitfinex, Gate.io, Coinroom, BitKonan, xBTCe, OKCoin.cn, Bittrex, LiteBit.eu, LocalTrade, Poloniex, Gatecoin, Stocks.Exchange, Coingi, Bit2C, YoBit, Mr. Exchange, Livecoin, BitFlip, Koinim, BTC Trade UA, NIX-E, CoinEx, Cryptopia, COSS, QuadrigaCX, C-CEX, Tidex, CoolCoin, Bittylicious, Coinbene, Mercado Bitcoin, Bitso, Coinut, EXX, Bithumb, Bitbank, OkCoin Intl., BCEX, BITHOLIC, Tux Exchange, Exmo, Bisq, ChaoEX, CryptoBridge, BitGrail, Koineks, Bitlish, DSX, Tripe Dice Exchange and GDAX. Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using US dollars directly can do so using Gemini, GDAX or Changelly.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.