Ripple (CURRENCY:XRP) traded up 0.8% against the US dollar during the 1-day period ending at 20:00 PM E.T. on April 22nd. During the last seven days, Ripple has traded 28.9% higher against the US dollar. One Ripple coin can now be purchased for $0.87 or 0.00009879 BTC on major exchanges including Kraken, Huobi, HitBTC and Ripple China. Ripple has a market capitalization of $33.91 billion and $940.59 million worth of Ripple was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Stellar (XLM) traded down 0.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.37 or 0.00004189 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded 4.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.00 or 0.00022759 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded 0.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $73.65 or 0.00839467 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded 0.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0524 or 0.00000597 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded 0.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.99 or 0.00011334 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded 0.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.82 or 0.00043498 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded 2.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $12.86 or 0.00146530 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded 6.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $25.33 or 0.00288677 BTC.
- Zilliqa (ZIL) traded 9.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0989 or 0.00001127 BTC.
- Maker (MKR) traded 2.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $919.79 or 0.10483300 BTC.
Ripple Coin Profile
Ripple was first traded on February 2nd, 2013. Ripple’s total supply is 99,992,362,643 coins and its circulating supply is 39,122,794,968 coins. Ripple’s official Twitter account is @Ripple and its Facebook page is accessible here. Ripple’s official website is ripple.com. The official message board for Ripple is www.xrpchat.com. The Reddit community for Ripple is /r/ripple and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ripple positions itself as a complement to, rather than a competitor with, Bitcoin – the site has a page dedicated to Ripple for bitcoiners. Ripple is a distributed network which means transactions occur immediately across the network – and as it is peer to peer – the network is resilient to systemic risk. Ripples aren't mined – unlike bitcoin and its peers – but each transaction destroys a small amount of XRP which adds a deflationary measure into the system. There are 100 billion XRP at present.”
Buying and Selling Ripple
Ripple can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Tripe Dice Exchange, Coinrail, Upbit, Ripple China, AEX, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, BitFlip, Bitcoin Indonesia, Bitinka, Bitbank, Bittrex, BX Thailand, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), Gate.io, Poloniex, HitBTC, Bitsane, Mr. Exchange, Qryptos, Binance, RippleFox, Koinex, Gatehub, Rippex, LiteBit.eu, Bithumb, Cryptomate, Coinone, Huobi, BTC Markets, The Rock Trading, BCEX, Korbit, Altcoin Trader, Coinbene, CEX.IO, Kraken, Bitfinex, Abucoins, Bits Blockchain, ZB.COM, Bitstamp, Exrates, CoinEgg, Exmo and Bitso. It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Ripple directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Ripple should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Ripple using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Ripple Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ripple and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.