Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded up 0.7% against the U.S. dollar during the 1 day period ending at 17:00 PM Eastern on October 20th. In the last week, Namecoin has traded down 66.6% against the U.S. dollar. Namecoin has a total market cap of $8.93 million and approximately $112,365.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Namecoin coin can currently be bought for approximately $0.61 or 0.00009375 BTC on exchanges including Bitsane, Tux Exchange, Altcoin Trader and Trade By Trade.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 0.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $6,479.19 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $446.37 or 0.06908678 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded up 2.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.83 or 0.00012829 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded down 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $71.96 or 0.01113753 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 0.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.43 or 0.00053126 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 1.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.35 or 0.00005457 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded 3.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0682 or 0.00001061 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded 0.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0215 or 0.00000333 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded down 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0349 or 0.00000540 BTC.
- Zetacoin (ZET) traded 1.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0019 or 0.00000029 BTC.
Namecoin Coin Profile
Namecoin (CRYPTO:NMC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. Its launch date was April 18th, 2011. Namecoin’s total supply is 14,736,400 coins. Namecoin’s official Twitter account is @namecoin and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Namecoin is /r/namecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Namecoin’s official website is www.namecoin.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “It is based on the code of bitcoin and uses the same proof-of-work algorithm. It is limited to 21 million coins. Each Namecoin record consists of a key and a value which can be up to 520 bytes in size. Each key is actually a path, with the namespace preceding the name of the record. The key d/example signifies a record stored in the DNS namespace d with the name example and corresponds to the record for the example.bit website. The content of d/example is expected to conform to the DNS namespace specification. The current fee for a record is 0.01 NMC and records expire after 36000 blocks (~200 days) unless updated or renewed. Namecoins used to purchase records are marked as used and destroyed, as giving the fee to miners would enable larger miners to register names at a significant discount. “
Namecoin Coin Trading
Namecoin can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Altcoin Trader, Bitsane, Trade By Trade, WEX, BX Thailand, Livecoin, Poloniex, C-Patex, Tux Exchange, Cryptopia, SouthXchange, Bittylicious, Bleutrade and YoBit. It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Namecoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Namecoin should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Namecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.