MKS Instruments (NASDAQ: MKSI) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 10/26/2018 – MKS Instruments had its price target lowered by analysts at Benchmark Co. to $100.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/25/2018 – MKS Instruments had its price target lowered by analysts at KeyCorp from $135.00 to $112.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 10/24/2018 – MKS Instruments was given a new $100.00 price target on by analysts at Cowen Inc. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/23/2018 – MKS Instruments had its price target lowered by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus from $155.00 to $146.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/18/2018 – MKS Instruments was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 10/9/2018 – MKS Instruments was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 9/25/2018 – MKS Instruments was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “MKS Instruments’ continues to benefit from strong demand in semiconductor and other advanced market segments. Sales to advanced market is mainly driven by industrial technology sector. Notably, sturdy performance of the power solutions business is also a key catalyst. Additionally, the company is benefiting from Newport Corporation buyout and increased demand for innovative products and superior customer relationships. However, intense competition in the industry is a major headwind. Moreover, loss of demand from a prominent buyer or a sudden supply chain challenge remains a major concern. Shares have underperformed the industry on a year-to-date basis.”
- 9/25/2018 – MKS Instruments had its price target lowered by analysts at Citigroup Inc from $118.00 to $101.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/12/2018 – MKS Instruments was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
NASDAQ MKSI traded up $4.68 on Thursday, reaching $78.37. 821,177 shares of the company were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 618,239. The firm has a market capitalization of $3.96 billion, a P/E ratio of 13.15, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 0.77 and a beta of 0.88. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.19, a quick ratio of 3.86 and a current ratio of 5.38. MKS Instruments, Inc. has a fifty-two week low of $67.83 and a fifty-two week high of $128.28.
MKS Instruments (NASDAQ:MKSI) last released its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, October 23rd. The scientific and technical instruments company reported $1.88 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $1.72 by $0.16. The company had revenue of $487.00 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $492.88 million. MKS Instruments had a return on equity of 25.57% and a net margin of 18.76%. The firm’s revenue for the quarter was up .2% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the previous year, the company posted $1.56 earnings per share. As a group, sell-side analysts forecast that MKS Instruments, Inc. will post 7.78 EPS for the current year.
The firm also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Friday, December 7th. Stockholders of record on Monday, November 26th will be paid a $0.20 dividend. This represents a $0.80 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 1.02%. MKS Instruments’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is presently 13.42%.
In other news, Director Elizabeth Mora sold 375 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction on Tuesday, September 4th. The stock was sold at an average price of $92.50, for a total value of $34,687.50. Following the transaction, the director now owns 15,787 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $1,460,297.50. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which is accessible through the SEC website. Also, Director Peter Hanley sold 1,240 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction on Tuesday, August 7th. The shares were sold at an average price of $94.39, for a total value of $117,043.60. Following the completion of the transaction, the director now directly owns 1,501 shares in the company, valued at approximately $141,679.39. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Corporate insiders own 1.67% of the company’s stock.
Several hedge funds have recently bought and sold shares of MKSI. Itau Unibanco Holding S.A. purchased a new stake in shares of MKS Instruments in the 2nd quarter valued at $155,000. Cerebellum GP LLC raised its holdings in shares of MKS Instruments by 239.6% in the 2nd quarter. Cerebellum GP LLC now owns 1,854 shares of the scientific and technical instruments company’s stock valued at $177,000 after buying an additional 1,308 shares during the period. Visionary Asset Management Inc. purchased a new stake in shares of MKS Instruments in the 2nd quarter valued at $209,000. Creative Planning raised its holdings in shares of MKS Instruments by 34.8% in the 2nd quarter. Creative Planning now owns 2,423 shares of the scientific and technical instruments company’s stock valued at $232,000 after buying an additional 625 shares during the period. Finally, Virtu Financial LLC purchased a new stake in shares of MKS Instruments in the 2nd quarter valued at $240,000. Hedge funds and other institutional investors own 91.39% of the company’s stock.
MKS Instruments, Inc provides instruments, subsystems, and process control solutions that measure, control, power, deliver, monitor, and analyze critical parameters of manufacturing processes worldwide. The company operates through two segments, Vacuum & Analysis and Light & Motion. The Vacuum & Analysis segment provides analytical and control solutions products, including gas analyzers, automation control products, I/O modules, automation software, and precision machined components and electromechanical assemblies; and materials delivery solutions products comprising flow and valve technologies, as well as integrated pressure measurement and control subsystems to provide customers with precise control capabilities that are optimized for a given application.
Further Reading: Institutional Investors
Receive News & Ratings for MKS Instruments Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for MKS Instruments Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.