A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Kraton (NYSE: KRA):
- 10/26/2018 – Kraton was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 10/26/2018 – Kraton was downgraded by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc. from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 10/19/2018 – Kraton was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 10/18/2018 – Kraton was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Kraton Corp is a producer of styrenic block copolymers, specialty polymers and performance products derived from pine wood pulping co-products. The company’s product are used in a wide range of applications, including adhesives, coatings, consumer and personal care products, sealants and lubricants, and medical, packaging, automotive, paving and roofing applications. Kraton Corporation, formerly known as Kraton Performance Polymers Inc., is headquartered in Houston, Texas. “
- 10/2/2018 – Kraton was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 9/21/2018 – Kraton was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
KRA traded down $0.70 during midday trading on Monday, hitting $27.96. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 4,178 shares, compared to its average volume of 337,348. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 2.11, a current ratio of 2.33 and a quick ratio of 1.04. The stock has a market capitalization of $915.89 million, a price-to-earnings ratio of 9.81 and a beta of 1.78. Kraton Corp has a 52-week low of $26.72 and a 52-week high of $53.99.
Kraton (NYSE:KRA) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, October 24th. The specialty chemicals company reported $1.02 EPS for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of $1.21 by ($0.19). The business had revenue of $523.11 million during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $528.00 million. Kraton had a net margin of 5.87% and a return on equity of 14.83%. Equities research analysts anticipate that Kraton Corp will post 3.16 earnings per share for the current year.
In other Kraton news, CFO Stephen E. Tremblay sold 9,174 shares of Kraton stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, August 28th. The stock was sold at an average price of $49.50, for a total value of $454,113.00. Following the completion of the sale, the chief financial officer now owns 98,498 shares in the company, valued at approximately $4,875,651. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through this link. Also, insider Stephen E. Tremblay sold 13,085 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction dated Thursday, September 20th. The stock was sold at an average price of $49.50, for a total value of $647,707.50. Following the sale, the insider now owns 102,409 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $5,069,245.50. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders sold a total of 50,007 shares of company stock valued at $2,489,221 in the last 90 days. 3.70% of the stock is owned by company insiders.
Large investors have recently modified their holdings of the company. Tower Research Capital LLC TRC purchased a new stake in shares of Kraton during the 2nd quarter worth about $176,000. Advisors Asset Management Inc. grew its holdings in shares of Kraton by 169.2% during the 2nd quarter. Advisors Asset Management Inc. now owns 4,162 shares of the specialty chemicals company’s stock worth $192,000 after purchasing an additional 2,616 shares during the period. Xact Kapitalforvaltning AB purchased a new stake in shares of Kraton during the 1st quarter worth about $217,000. Acadian Asset Management LLC purchased a new stake in shares of Kraton during the 3rd quarter worth about $240,000. Finally, Dynamic Technology Lab Private Ltd purchased a new stake in shares of Kraton during the 1st quarter worth about $293,000. Institutional investors and hedge funds own 96.91% of the company’s stock.
Kraton Corporation manufactures and sells styrenic block copolymers and other engineered polymers in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and the Asia Pacific. It operates in two segments, Polymer and Chemical. The Polymer segment offers performance products, including styrene-butadiene-styrene and styrene-isoprene-styrene; and specialty polymers, such as hydrogenated styrenic block copolymers, as well as isoprene rubber and isoprene rubber latex for use in medical and personal care products, adhesives, tackifiers, paints, and coatings.
Further Reading: Why do company’s buyback their stock?
Receive News & Ratings for Kraton Corp Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Kraton Corp and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.