Aqua America (NYSE: WTR) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 11/6/2018 – Aqua America was given a new $35.00 price target on by analysts at Wells Fargo & Co. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 11/6/2018 – Aqua America had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Boenning Scattergood. They now have a $43.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/27/2018 – Aqua America was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 10/25/2018 – Aqua America was given a new $35.00 price target on by analysts at Macquarie. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 10/22/2018 – Aqua America was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “In last six months, Aqua America’s shares have outperformed the industry it belongs to. Aqua America continues to benefit from its expanding customer base resulting from acquisitions and organic initiatives. The company aims to invest more than $1.4 billion in the 2018-2020-time frame, which will improve its capability to serve its expanding customer base and lower dependence on other water suppliers. Aqua America, like other water utilities, was impacted by unfavorable weather conditions that reduce demand for water and increase expenses needed for repair of damaged infrastructure. Moreover, contamination of water supplied might result in disruption of water services and lead the company to incur extra cost.”
- 9/17/2018 – Aqua America is now covered by analysts at Evercore ISI. They set an “in-line” rating and a $37.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of Aqua America stock opened at $32.59 on Wednesday. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.09, a current ratio of 0.75 and a quick ratio of 0.68. Aqua America Inc has a twelve month low of $32.12 and a twelve month high of $39.55. The firm has a market cap of $5.86 billion, a P/E ratio of 23.79, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 4.43 and a beta of 0.50.
Aqua America (NYSE:WTR) last announced its quarterly earnings results on Monday, November 5th. The utilities provider reported $0.44 earnings per share for the quarter, topping analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.43 by $0.01. Aqua America had a net margin of 29.97% and a return on equity of 12.71%. The firm had revenue of $226.10 million during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $238.86 million. During the same period in the prior year, the company earned $0.43 EPS. The firm’s revenue was up 5.2% on a year-over-year basis. As a group, sell-side analysts expect that Aqua America Inc will post 1.39 earnings per share for the current year.
The company also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Saturday, December 1st. Shareholders of record on Friday, November 16th will be issued a $0.219 dividend. The ex-dividend date is Thursday, November 15th. This represents a $0.88 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 2.69%. Aqua America’s dividend payout ratio is currently 64.23%.
Hedge funds have recently modified their holdings of the business. Tompkins Financial Corp acquired a new position in Aqua America in the 2nd quarter worth $128,000. Arlington Partners LLC acquired a new position in Aqua America in the 3rd quarter worth $138,000. City Holding Co. acquired a new position in Aqua America in the 2nd quarter worth $136,000. Envestnet Asset Management Inc. lifted its holdings in Aqua America by 70.8% in the 2nd quarter. Envestnet Asset Management Inc. now owns 4,295 shares of the utilities provider’s stock worth $151,000 after buying an additional 1,780 shares in the last quarter. Finally, Stratos Wealth Partners LTD. acquired a new position in Aqua America in the 3rd quarter worth $179,000. Hedge funds and other institutional investors own 54.07% of the company’s stock.
Aqua America, Inc, through its subsidiaries, operates regulated utilities that provide water or wastewater services in the United States. It offers water and wastewater services through operating and maintenance contracts with municipal authorities and other parties. The company also provides non-utility raw water supply services for firms in the natural gas drilling industry.
See Also: What is a conference call?
Receive News & Ratings for Aqua America Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Aqua America Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.