Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded up 1.3% against the US dollar during the 1 day period ending at 20:00 PM E.T. on December 7th. During the last seven days, Namecoin has traded 14.6% higher against the US dollar. Namecoin has a market capitalization of $6.59 million and $11,938.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Namecoin coin can currently be purchased for approximately $0.45 or 0.00012895 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Trade By Trade, Tux Exchange, WEX and SouthXchange.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $3,470.03 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 5.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $108.81 or 0.03136162 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 4.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.25 or 0.00007245 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded up 6.9% against the dollar and now trades at $70.45 or 0.02030722 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 9.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.28 or 0.00065914 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 4.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.13 or 0.00003790 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded 0.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0471 or 0.00001373 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 1.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0207 or 0.00000596 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded up 0.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0070 or 0.00000203 BTC.
- UnbreakableCoin (UNB) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.11 or 0.00001757 BTC.
Namecoin (NMC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was April 18th, 2011. Namecoin’s total supply is 14,736,400 coins. Namecoin’s official Twitter account is @namecoin and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Namecoin is /r/namecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Namecoin’s official website is www.namecoin.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “It is based on the code of bitcoin and uses the same proof-of-work algorithm. It is limited to 21 million coins. Each Namecoin record consists of a key and a value which can be up to 520 bytes in size. Each key is actually a path, with the namespace preceding the name of the record. The key d/example signifies a record stored in the DNS namespace d with the name example and corresponds to the record for the example.bit website. The content of d/example is expected to conform to the DNS namespace specification. The current fee for a record is 0.01 NMC and records expire after 36000 blocks (~200 days) unless updated or renewed. Namecoins used to purchase records are marked as used and destroyed, as giving the fee to miners would enable larger miners to register names at a significant discount. “
Buying and Selling Namecoin
Namecoin can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Bitsane, Altcoin Trader, Poloniex, YoBit, Trade By Trade, WEX, SouthXchange, Bleutrade, BX Thailand, Livecoin, Cryptopia, C-Patex, Bittylicious and Tux Exchange. It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Namecoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Namecoin should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Namecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.