Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded 0.5% higher against the US dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 9:00 AM Eastern on April 15th. Namecoin has a market capitalization of $15.01 million and approximately $7,120.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Namecoin coin can now be purchased for about $1.02 or 0.00019796 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including WEX, Tux Exchange, Cryptopia and Bitsane. In the last week, Namecoin has traded up 2.9% against the US dollar.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 1.3% against the dollar and now trades at $5,158.66 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 6.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $297.78 or 0.05789577 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded up 1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.44 or 0.00008472 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded up 2.4% against the dollar and now trades at $86.96 or 0.01690729 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded up 11.5% against the dollar and now trades at $2.16 or 0.00041992 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 1.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00003459 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 1.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0285 or 0.00000554 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded 0.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0106 or 0.00000207 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0205 or 0.00000392 BTC.
- Zetacoin (ZET) traded 2.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0017 or 0.00000033 BTC.
Namecoin is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. It was first traded on April 18th, 2011. Namecoin’s total supply is 14,736,400 coins. Namecoin’s official website is www.namecoin.org. Namecoin’s official Twitter account is @namecoin and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Namecoin is /r/namecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “It is based on the code of bitcoin and uses the same proof-of-work algorithm. It is limited to 21 million coins. Each Namecoin record consists of a key and a value which can be up to 520 bytes in size. Each key is actually a path, with the namespace preceding the name of the record. The key d/example signifies a record stored in the DNS namespace d with the name example and corresponds to the record for the example.bit website. The content of d/example is expected to conform to the DNS namespace specification. The current fee for a record is 0.01 NMC and records expire after 36000 blocks (~200 days) unless updated or renewed. Namecoins used to purchase records are marked as used and destroyed, as giving the fee to miners would enable larger miners to register names at a significant discount. “
Namecoin Coin Trading
Namecoin can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Bleutrade, Altcoin Trader, C-Patex, SouthXchange, YoBit, Trade By Trade, Tux Exchange, Cryptopia, Poloniex, WEX, Bitsane, BX Thailand, Livecoin and Bittylicious. It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Namecoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Namecoin should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Namecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.