A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of Ascena Retail Group (NASDAQ: ASNA) recently:
- 5/17/2019 – Ascena Retail Group was given a new $2.00 price target on by analysts at B. Riley. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 5/15/2019 – Ascena Retail Group was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Ascena Retail Group, Inc, formerly known as The Dress Barn, Inc., operates as a national specialty retailer of apparel for women and girls under the Dressbarn, Maurices and Justice brands. Its Dressbarn stores offer casual, career and special occasion fashion apparel and accessories; Maurices stores offer casual and career apparel and accessories; and Justice stores offer trend-right apparel and accessories. Ascena Retail Group, Inc. is based in Suffern, New York. “
- 5/14/2019 – Ascena Retail Group was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 5/7/2019 – Ascena Retail Group was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 4/3/2019 – Ascena Retail Group was upgraded by analysts at Citigroup Inc from a “sell” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $1.05 price target on the stock.
- 4/1/2019 – Ascena Retail Group was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
Shares of ASNA traded down $0.06 during trading hours on Tuesday, hitting $1.08. The company had a trading volume of 55,470 shares, compared to its average volume of 3,347,829. The firm has a market cap of $248.93 million, a price-to-earnings ratio of -54.00 and a beta of 1.40. The company has a current ratio of 1.28, a quick ratio of 0.51 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.79. Ascena Retail Group Inc has a one year low of $0.97 and a one year high of $5.28.
Ascena Retail Group (NASDAQ:ASNA) last released its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, March 14th. The specialty retailer reported ($0.26) EPS for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of ($0.25) by ($0.01). The company had revenue of $1.69 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $1.71 billion. Ascena Retail Group had a negative return on equity of 5.27% and a negative net margin of 1.11%. The company’s revenue was down 1.5% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the previous year, the firm posted ($0.12) earnings per share. On average, equities research analysts forecast that Ascena Retail Group Inc will post -0.45 EPS for the current year.
Large investors have recently made changes to their positions in the stock. Magnus Financial Group LLC acquired a new position in Ascena Retail Group during the 4th quarter valued at about $60,000. Matrix Asset Advisors Inc. NY acquired a new position in Ascena Retail Group during the 1st quarter valued at about $36,000. Mercer Global Advisors Inc. ADV acquired a new position in Ascena Retail Group during the 1st quarter valued at about $38,000. Bourgeon Capital Management LLC increased its position in Ascena Retail Group by 71.4% during the 1st quarter. Bourgeon Capital Management LLC now owns 36,000 shares of the specialty retailer’s stock valued at $39,000 after buying an additional 15,000 shares in the last quarter. Finally, NumerixS Investment Technologies Inc acquired a new position in Ascena Retail Group during the 4th quarter valued at about $100,000. 99.29% of the stock is currently owned by institutional investors.
Ascena Retail Group, Inc, through its subsidiaries, operates as a specialty retailer of apparel, shoes, and accessories for women and tween girls in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. The company operates through four segments: Premium Fashion, Value Fashion, Plus Fashion, and Kids Fashion. It offers a range of merchandise, including apparel, accessories, footwear, and intimates; and lifestyle products comprising cosmetics and bedroom accessories.
Read More: Price to Earnings Ratio (PE), For Valuing Stocks
Receive News & Ratings for Ascena Retail Group Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Ascena Retail Group Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.