Steem (CURRENCY:STEEM) traded up 0% against the U.S. dollar during the 1 day period ending at 23:00 PM Eastern on August 17th. In the last seven days, Steem has traded down 10.6% against the U.S. dollar. One Steem coin can currently be purchased for $0.17 or 0.00001668 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including OpenLedger DEX, GOPAX, Binance and HitBTC. Steem has a market cap of $57.83 million and $376,883.00 worth of Steem was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 1.7% against the dollar and now trades at $10,181.33 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $306.53 or 0.03015861 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded down 5.3% against the dollar and now trades at $73.88 or 0.00726876 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded up 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.74 or 0.00007256 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded down 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $1.98 or 0.00019502 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded up 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0629 or 0.00000619 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 6.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0324 or 0.00000318 BTC.
- PIXEL (PXL) traded 8.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0088 or 0.00000086 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0205 or 0.00000392 BTC.
- Zetacoin (ZET) traded 1.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0018 or 0.00000018 BTC.
Steem (STEEM) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. It launched on July 4th, 2015. Steem’s total supply is 358,083,084 coins and its circulating supply is 341,108,990 coins. Steem’s official Twitter account is @steemit and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official website for Steem is steem.com. The Reddit community for Steem is /r/steemit and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official message board for Steem is steemit.com/@steemitblog.
Buying and Selling Steem
Steem can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Poloniex, Huobi, Upbit, GOPAX, Binance, Bithumb, RuDEX, HitBTC, Bittrex and OpenLedger DEX. It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Steem directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Steem should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Steem using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Steem Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Steem and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.