Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Pioneer Natural Resources (NYSE: PXD):
- 12/3/2019 – Pioneer Natural Resources was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 11/13/2019 – Pioneer Natural Resources is now covered by analysts at Howard Weil. They set a “sector perform” rating on the stock.
- 11/13/2019 – Pioneer Natural Resources had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Citigroup Inc. They now have a $175.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $173.00.
- 11/12/2019 – Pioneer Natural Resources is now covered by analysts at Scotiabank. They set a “sector perform” rating and a $154.00 price target on the stock.
- 11/5/2019 – Pioneer Natural Resources had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Williams Capital. They now have a $190.00 price target on the stock.
- 11/1/2019 – Pioneer Natural Resources was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 10/17/2019 – Pioneer Natural Resources had its price target lowered by analysts at Raymond James from $220.00 to $180.00. They now have a “strong-buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/15/2019 – Pioneer Natural Resources had its price target raised by analysts at KeyCorp from $168.00 to $172.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 10/10/2019 – Pioneer Natural Resources was upgraded by analysts at Mizuho from a “neutral” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $191.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/8/2019 – Pioneer Natural Resources had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Citigroup Inc.
- 10/4/2019 – Pioneer Natural Resources had its price target lowered by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $176.00 to $167.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
NYSE PXD opened at $126.78 on Tuesday. Pioneer Natural Resources has a twelve month low of $114.79 and a twelve month high of $178.22. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.17, a quick ratio of 0.68 and a current ratio of 0.78. The stock has a market capitalization of $21.18 billion, a PE ratio of 20.09, a P/E/G ratio of 0.94 and a beta of 1.21. The stock has a 50-day simple moving average of $130.14 and a 200 day simple moving average of $135.08.
Pioneer Natural Resources (NYSE:PXD) last released its earnings results on Monday, November 4th. The oil and gas development company reported $1.99 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $2.02 by ($0.03). The business had revenue of $2.33 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $2.32 billion. Pioneer Natural Resources had a net margin of 7.88% and a return on equity of 9.86%. The business’s quarterly revenue was down 6.1% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period last year, the business earned $2.07 EPS. As a group, equities research analysts forecast that Pioneer Natural Resources will post 8.07 EPS for the current fiscal year.
The firm also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Tuesday, January 14th. Stockholders of record on Tuesday, December 31st will be issued a dividend of $0.44 per share. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Monday, December 30th. This represents a $1.76 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 1.39%. Pioneer Natural Resources’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is presently 13.95%.
In other news, EVP Chris J. Cheatwood sold 5,619 shares of the stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, September 16th. The stock was sold at an average price of $140.35, for a total value of $788,626.65. Following the completion of the sale, the executive vice president now directly owns 39,027 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $5,477,439.45. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through this hyperlink. 0.91% of the stock is currently owned by corporate insiders.
A number of hedge funds have recently made changes to their positions in PXD. Man Group plc lifted its position in shares of Pioneer Natural Resources by 40.3% in the 3rd quarter. Man Group plc now owns 53,484 shares of the oil and gas development company’s stock worth $6,726,000 after acquiring an additional 15,352 shares during the period. Squarepoint Ops LLC boosted its position in shares of Pioneer Natural Resources by 2.9% during the 3rd quarter. Squarepoint Ops LLC now owns 43,550 shares of the oil and gas development company’s stock valued at $5,477,000 after acquiring an additional 1,212 shares in the last quarter. Voloridge Investment Management LLC bought a new stake in Pioneer Natural Resources in the third quarter valued at about $7,353,000. Worldquant Millennium Advisors LLC bought a new stake in Pioneer Natural Resources in the third quarter valued at about $1,871,000. Finally, National Pension Service increased its stake in Pioneer Natural Resources by 5.2% in the third quarter. National Pension Service now owns 205,254 shares of the oil and gas development company’s stock valued at $25,815,000 after acquiring an additional 10,108 shares during the period. 87.50% of the stock is currently owned by institutional investors and hedge funds.
Pioneer Natural Resources Company operates as an independent oil and gas exploration and production company in the United States. The company explores for, develops, and produces oil, natural gas liquids (NGLs), and gas. It has operations primarily in the Permian Basin in West Texas, the Eagle Ford Shale play in South Texas, the Raton field in southeast Colorado, and the West Panhandle field in the Texas Panhandle.
Read More: After-Hours Trading
Receive News & Ratings for Pioneer Natural Resources Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Pioneer Natural Resources and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.