Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Genesco (NYSE: GCO) in the last few weeks:
- 1/14/2020 – Genesco had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Susquehanna Bancshares Inc. They now have a $58.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/13/2020 – Genesco had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Pivotal Research. They now have a $57.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/4/2020 – Genesco was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 12/27/2019 – Genesco was upgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “c+” rating to a “b-” rating.
- 12/10/2019 – Genesco was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $57.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Genesco Inc., a Nashville-based specialty retailer, sells footwear, headwear and accessories in retail stores in the United States and Canada. The Company sells its products principally under the names Journeys, Journeys Kidz, Shi by Journeys, Johnston & Murphy, Underground Station, Hatworld, Lids, Hat Shack, Hat Zone, Head Quarters and Cap Connection, and on internet websites. The Company also sells footwear at wholesale under its Johnston & Murphy brand and under the licensed Dockers brand. “
- 12/9/2019 – Genesco had its price target raised by analysts at Robert W. Baird from $40.00 to $52.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 12/9/2019 – Genesco had its price target raised by analysts at Pivotal Research from $51.00 to $57.00.
- 12/6/2019 – Genesco had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Susquehanna Bancshares Inc. They now have a $56.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of NYSE GCO traded up $0.69 during trading on Thursday, hitting $43.91. The company had a trading volume of 10,542 shares, compared to its average volume of 263,442. The company has a market cap of $653.86 million, a P/E ratio of 13.39, a PEG ratio of 2.08 and a beta of 0.57. Genesco Inc. has a 52 week low of $31.65 and a 52 week high of $53.20. The business’s 50-day moving average is $46.27 and its 200 day moving average is $40.62. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.27, a quick ratio of 0.28 and a current ratio of 1.34.
Genesco (NYSE:GCO) last issued its earnings results on Friday, December 6th. The company reported $1.33 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $1.10 by $0.23. The business had revenue of $537.30 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $540.64 million. Genesco had a positive return on equity of 10.98% and a negative net margin of 1.74%. The company’s quarterly revenue was down .5% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the previous year, the firm posted $0.95 EPS. On average, research analysts expect that Genesco Inc. will post 4.28 EPS for the current year.
In other Genesco news, Director Kathleen Mason sold 2,500 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction dated Friday, December 6th. The stock was sold at an average price of $48.10, for a total transaction of $120,250.00. Following the sale, the director now owns 42,191 shares in the company, valued at approximately $2,029,387.10. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which is available through this link. Also, VP Daniel E. Ewoldsen sold 3,270 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, December 17th. The stock was sold at an average price of $49.39, for a total value of $161,505.30. Following the sale, the vice president now owns 10,803 shares in the company, valued at approximately $533,560.17. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. In the last 90 days, insiders have sold 9,286 shares of company stock worth $459,571. Corporate insiders own 4.40% of the company’s stock.
A number of hedge funds and other institutional investors have recently bought and sold shares of GCO. Parallel Advisors LLC increased its holdings in shares of Genesco by 837.9% in the 3rd quarter. Parallel Advisors LLC now owns 619 shares of the company’s stock valued at $25,000 after purchasing an additional 553 shares during the period. Tower Research Capital LLC TRC acquired a new stake in Genesco in the third quarter valued at approximately $127,000. Investors Research Corp grew its position in Genesco by 12.5% in the third quarter. Investors Research Corp now owns 3,600 shares of the company’s stock worth $144,000 after acquiring an additional 400 shares in the last quarter. Marshall Wace North America L.P. bought a new stake in Genesco in the second quarter worth approximately $204,000. Finally, Huntington National Bank increased its stake in shares of Genesco by 18.9% during the 3rd quarter. Huntington National Bank now owns 4,864 shares of the company’s stock worth $195,000 after purchasing an additional 774 shares during the last quarter.
Genesco Inc operates as a retailer and wholesaler of footwear, apparel, and accessories. The company operates through four segments: Journeys Group, Schuh Group, Johnston & Murphy Group, and Licensed Brands. The Journeys Group segment offers footwear and accessories through the Journeys, Journeys Kidz, and Little Burgundy retail chains, as well as through e-commerce and catalogs for young men, women, and children.
Featured Article: What is the Consumer Price Index (CPI)?
Receive News & Ratings for Genesco Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Genesco Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.