Steem (CURRENCY:STEEM) traded 5.9% higher against the US dollar during the 1 day period ending at 7:00 AM Eastern on January 2nd. Steem has a market capitalization of $66.50 million and approximately $5.91 million worth of Steem was traded on exchanges in the last day. During the last week, Steem has traded 7.1% higher against the US dollar. One Steem coin can currently be purchased for about $0.17 or 0.00000557 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 2.9% against the dollar and now trades at $30,228.76 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 0.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $348.59 or 0.01153181 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash ABC (BCHA) traded down 5.4% against the dollar and now trades at $16.50 or 0.00054575 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded up 5.3% against the dollar and now trades at $75.43 or 0.00249545 BTC.
- DragonVein (DVC) traded 47.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0801 or 0.00000265 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded up 0% against the dollar and now trades at $0.45 or 0.00001503 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 5.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.21 or 0.00004005 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0811 or 0.00000268 BTC.
- DAOBet (BET) traded 20.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0084 or 0.00000028 BTC.
- Color Platform (CLR) traded down 14.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0078 or 0.00000026 BTC.
Steem Coin Profile
Steem (CRYPTO:STEEM) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. Its launch date was March 24th, 2016. Steem’s total supply is 412,249,946 coins and its circulating supply is 395,275,852 coins. The Reddit community for Steem is /r/steemit and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Steem’s official Twitter account is @steemit and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official website for Steem is steem.com. Steem’s official message board is steemit.com/@steemitblog.
Buying and Selling Steem
Steem can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: . It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Steem directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Steem should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Steem using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Steem Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Steem and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.