Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded up 1% against the US dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 18:00 PM ET on September 26th. One Litecoin coin can currently be bought for approximately $153.14 or 0.00350231 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges. Litecoin has a market capitalization of $10.22 billion and $3.31 billion worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. During the last seven days, Litecoin has traded down 12.2% against the US dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 0.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.21 or 0.00000476 BTC.
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded down 1.4% against the dollar and now trades at $2.80 or 0.00006403 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded 3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.59 or 0.00001340 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded up 4.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0204 or 0.00000047 BTC.
- Hellenic Coin (HNC) traded up 3.8% against the dollar and now trades at $3.68 or 0.00010892 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 6.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.32 or 0.00000727 BTC.
- XeniosCoin (XNC) traded 1.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.45 or 0.00003307 BTC.
- Presearch (PRE) traded up 3.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.26 or 0.00000599 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded down 9.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0476 or 0.00000109 BTC.
- Lotto (LOTTO) traded up 22.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0199 or 0.00000046 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team. The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support. In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second. Blockchain data provided by: Blockchair (Main Source), CryptoID (Backup), and WhatToMine (Block Time only) “
Litecoin Coin Trading
Investors seeking to trade Litecoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Gemini, Coinbase or GDAX.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.