Solana (CURRENCY:SOL) traded up 5.8% against the dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 15:00 PM ET on September 27th. In the last week, Solana has traded 6.8% higher against the dollar. One Solana coin can now be bought for approximately $143.80 or 0.00333679 BTC on exchanges. Solana has a total market capitalization of $42.77 billion and approximately $2.82 billion worth of Solana was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Binance USD (BUSD) traded 0% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00002321 BTC.
- Chainlink (LINK) traded down 3.4% against the dollar and now trades at $23.57 or 0.00054694 BTC.
- Polygon (MATIC) traded down 4.4% against the dollar and now trades at $1.36 or 0.00002822 BTC.
- Polygon (MATIC) traded down 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $1.11 or 0.00002577 BTC.
- DREP (DREP) traded 21% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.96 or 0.00003398 BTC.
- DREP [old] (DREP) traded 19.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.96 or 0.00003399 BTC.
- Dai (DAI) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00002320 BTC.
- FTX Token (FTT) traded 6.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $53.24 or 0.00123548 BTC.
- THETA (THETA) traded down 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $5.03 or 0.00011669 BTC.
- PancakeSwap (CAKE) traded down 1.8% against the dollar and now trades at $18.65 or 0.00043268 BTC.
Solana Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Solana is a single-chain, delegated-Proof-of-Stake protocol, founded by former Qualcomm, Intel, and Dropbox engineers in late-2017, focus on delivering scalability without sacrificing decentralization or security. Core to Solana’s scaling solution is a decentralized clock titled Proof-of-History (PoH), built to solve the problem of time in distributed networks in where there is not a single, trusted, source of time. By using Verifiable Delay Functions, PoH allows each node to locally generate timestamps with SHA256 computations. This eliminates the need for the broadcasts of timestamps across the network, improving overall network efficiency. SOL is the native token of the Solana blockchain. Community tokens are held by the Swiss Foundation, which is run by an independent board. This token pool is used for bounties, incentives programs, marketing, and grants. Solana’s mission is to support all high-growth and high-frequency blockchain applications and to democratize the world’s financial systems. “
Buying and Selling Solana
It is usually not currently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Solana directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Solana should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Solana using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Solana Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Solana and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.