Verge (CURRENCY:XVG) traded up 0.5% against the dollar during the 1 day period ending at 19:00 PM Eastern on January 14th. One Verge coin can now be purchased for about $0.0139 or 0.00000032 BTC on exchanges. Verge has a market cap of $229.80 million and $5.44 million worth of Verge was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. Over the last seven days, Verge has traded 4.8% lower against the dollar.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 4.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00000425 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 5.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $144.62 or 0.00335928 BTC.
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded down 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $3.78 or 0.00008777 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 5.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.11 or 0.00002577 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded up 1.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.49 or 0.00001132 BTC.
- Hellenic Coin (HNC) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $3.68 or 0.00010892 BTC.
- Presearch (PRE) traded down 2.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.37 or 0.00000858 BTC.
- XeniosCoin (XNC) traded up 12.6% against the dollar and now trades at $1.90 or 0.00004406 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded up 2.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0349 or 0.00000081 BTC.
- Lotto (LOTTO) traded up 0% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0128 or 0.00000030 BTC.
Verge Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Verge is a scrypt based alternative crypto currency trying to take the popularity of both Dogecoin and Bitcoin and combine it with the anonymous features of DASH. The block time is 30 seconds and the coin operates through Proof of Work. VERGE prides itself on being a symbol of progression in the cryptocurrency world. It is a more secure, private, and evolving cryptocurrency that is backed by bitcoin, a ton of developer resources and privacy tools (located here!) Block reward: Block 0 to 14,000 : 200,000 coins14,000 to 28,000 : 100,000 coins28,000 to 42,000: 50,000 coins42,000 to 210,000: 25,000 coins210,000 to 378,000: 12,500 coins378,000 to 546,000: 6,250 coins546,000 to 714,000: 3,125 coins714,000 to 2,124,000: 1,560 coins2,124,000 to 4,248,000: 730 coinsApproximately total reward: 9 Billion (9,000,000,000) during first year then issuing 1 billion (1,000,000,000) each year after. “
Buying and Selling Verge
It is usually not presently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Verge directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Verge should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Verge using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Verge Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Verge and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.