Helium (HNT) traded 0.2% higher against the dollar during the 1 day period ending at 0:00 AM ET on June 23rd. One Helium coin can now be purchased for approximately $10.53 or 0.00050076 BTC on major exchanges. During the last seven days, Helium has traded 0.2% higher against the dollar. Helium has a total market capitalization of $1.27 billion and $14.52 million worth of Helium was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Avalanche (AVAX) traded 14.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $19.40 or 0.00092314 BTC.
- Cronos (CRO) traded up 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.12 or 0.00000578 BTC.
- NEAR Protocol (NEAR) traded up 6.4% against the dollar and now trades at $3.62 or 0.00017245 BTC.
- Algorand (ALGO) traded 6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.34 or 0.00001637 BTC.
- Hedera (HBAR) traded up 2.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0740 or 0.00000352 BTC.
- Elrond (EGLD) traded up 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $61.72 or 0.00293669 BTC.
- Kava.io (KAVA) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $5.62 or 0.00012724 BTC.
- Kava (KAVA) traded up 6.5% against the dollar and now trades at $1.77 or 0.00008434 BTC.
- Theta Fuel (TFUEL) traded up 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0520 or 0.00000247 BTC.
- Ardor (ARDR) traded up 2.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.10 or 0.00000481 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “With a Helium Hotspot, anyone can earn cryptocurrency by building a wireless network in their city and creating a more connected future. It provides wireless coverage for low power Internet of Things (IoT) devices and earns a new cryptocurrency, Helium, from the users' living room. HNT is mined and distributed to Hotspot Owners, Helium Inc., and Investors. Helium uses algorithm called “Proof-of-Coverage” (PoC) to verify that Hotspots are located where they claim (as established in the assert_location transaction when they are first deployed). There is no pre-mine of HNT, and a max supply of 223M HNT. HNT supply comes from mining with a compatible Hotspot that both mines HNT and creates network coverage for IoT devices. All HNT was mined from genesis, starting at a rate of 5M HNT/month and then halving every 2 years. On August 1st, 2021 the net HNT issuance will be reduced to 2.5M HNT per month. The distribution of HNT changes over time to align incentives with the needs of the network. In the early days, a higher proportion of HNT is allocated to Hotspot owners for building and securing coverage. As the network grows, Hotspots earn more for transferring device data on the network while Helium Inc. and investors earn less. After 20 years, distributions no longer adjust and remain fixed. “
Helium Coin Trading
It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Helium directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Helium should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Helium using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Helium Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Helium and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.