Monero (XMR) traded up 1.8% against the dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 13:00 PM Eastern on September 23rd. Monero has a market cap of $2.54 billion and approximately $88.69 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Monero coin can now be bought for about $139.66 or 0.00741798 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges. In the last seven days, Monero has traded down 2.2% against the dollar.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 1.8% against the dollar and now trades at $18,827.24 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 1.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0618 or 0.00000328 BTC.
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded 13.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.11 or 0.00021868 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 1.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $53.46 or 0.00283950 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded down 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $27.80 or 0.00147658 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $114.08 or 0.00605931 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 1% against the dollar and now trades at $113.97 or 0.00606121 BTC.
- COUTION LIVE (CTL) traded 4.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.20 or 0.00000981 BTC.
- DEI (DEI) traded 1.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00000969 BTC.
- Pax Dollar (USDP) traded up 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00005311 BTC.
Monero Coin Profile
XMR is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the RandomX hashing algorithm. It was first traded on April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 18,178,173 coins. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official website for Monero is getmonero.org. The official message board for Monero is forum.getmonero.org.
Buying and Selling Monero
It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Monero should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Monero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Monero Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Monero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.