Steem (STEEM) traded down 3.7% against the US dollar during the 1-day period ending at 12:00 PM Eastern on January 25th. One Steem coin can now be bought for $0.19 or 0.00000849 BTC on popular exchanges. During the last week, Steem has traded 4.3% lower against the US dollar. Steem has a total market capitalization of $81.71 million and $11.15 million worth of Steem was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 1.2% against the dollar and now trades at $22,624.87 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 4.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0841 or 0.00000372 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 1.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $87.65 or 0.00387389 BTC.
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded 1.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.53 or 0.00015603 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded down 2% against the dollar and now trades at $171.49 or 0.00757963 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded 4.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $21.16 or 0.00093544 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 2.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $128.96 or 0.00569997 BTC.
- DEI (DEI) traded 0.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.26 or 0.00001162 BTC.
- Pax Dollar (USDP) traded 0.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.99 or 0.00004398 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded 7.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $40.83 or 0.00180487 BTC.
STEEM is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the PoS hashing algorithm. Its launch date was March 24th, 2016. Steem’s total supply is 409,190,981 coins and its circulating supply is 425,337,132 coins. Steem’s official Twitter account is @steemit and its Facebook page is accessible here. Steem’s official message board is steemit.com/@steemitblog. Steem’s official website is steem.com. The Reddit community for Steem is https://reddit.com/r/steemit and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
Steem Coin Trading
It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Steem directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Steem should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Steem using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Steem Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Steem and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.