Gas (GAS) traded up 0.2% against the dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 11:00 AM ET on March 19th. One Gas token can currently be bought for approximately $3.59 or 0.00013003 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges. Gas has a market cap of $211.92 million and $30.72 million worth of Gas was traded on exchanges in the last day. During the last week, Gas has traded up 35.1% against the dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- KILT Protocol (KILT) traded 8.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.40 or 0.00001446 BTC.
- Aidi Finance (BSC) (AIDI) traded down 0% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Zoo Token (ZOOT) traded up 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0681 or 0.00000247 BTC.
- CareCoin (CARES) traded up 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0845 or 0.00000306 BTC.
- OmniaVerse (OMNIA) traded up 16.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0013 or 0.00000005 BTC.
- Kitty Inu (KITTY) traded 0.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $101.08 or 0.00366229 BTC.
- FEG Token (FEG) traded 0.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0008 or 0.00000003 BTC.
- Hokkaidu Inu (HOKK) traded down 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0007 or 0.00000002 BTC.
- QANplatform (QANX) traded 0.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $7,346.51 or 0.26618788 BTC.
- Lego Coin (LEGO) traded 8.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0164 or 0.00000059 BTC.
Gas was first traded on July 15th, 2016. Gas’ total supply is 17,190,378 tokens and its circulating supply is 59,083,340 tokens. The Reddit community for Gas is https://reddit.com/r/NEO and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Gas’ official Twitter account is @neo_blockchain and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official website for Gas is neo.org.
In 2017, Antshares was rebranded to Neo as it implemented Smart Contracts 2.0. It underwent aggressive global expansion as hundreds of new developers poured onto the blockchain. Neo leadership began distributing NEO token rewards to groups and individuals that contributed to the growth of the Neo platform. Some of the earliest groups to join Neo included COZ, NeoEconoLabs, and O3 Labs.
In 2021, Neo is being upgraded to version 3.0, known as N3. As a project that began in June 2018, the N3 upgrade represents the biggest advancement in Neo’s history. It is aimed at bringing the first all-in-one blockchain development experience to the industry, packed with powerful native features such as distributed storage, oracles, and name services. Neo N3 also boasts a simpler and more modular architecture than its predecessors, along with an improved governance and economic model.
Neo is an open-source community driven blockchain platform.
A feature-complete blockchain platform for building decentralized applications. Neo enables developers to digitize and automate the management of assets through smart contracts. It also provides powerful native infrastructures such as decentralized storage, oracles, and domain name service, creating a solid foundation for the Next-Gen Internet.
The Neo network charges GAS for the operation and storage of tokens and smart contracts, preventing the abuse of node resources. System fees are burned, while network fees are redistributed to consensus nodes, creating an economic incentive for their services.
The minimum unit of GAS is 0.00000001. There is no NEO staking required in order to claim GAS tokens. Most Neo wallets will include a claim function, allowing you to collect your GAS with the click of a button. Please be aware that some exchanges distribute GAS to users that hold NEO on their platform, and others do not.
The largest portion of GAS is distributed to voters as a reward for playing an active role in network governance. NEO holders will need to ensure they choose a wallet that supports voting if they wish to participate.”
Buying and Selling Gas
It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Gas directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Gas should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Gas using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Gas Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Gas and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.