Siacoin (SC) traded up 0.8% against the dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 20:00 PM E.T. on September 18th. During the last seven days, Siacoin has traded up 7.5% against the dollar. Siacoin has a market cap of $156.63 million and $1.89 million worth of Siacoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Siacoin coin can now be bought for about $0.0028 or 0.00000011 BTC on exchanges.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $26,706.19 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 0.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0620 or 0.00000232 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 3.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $65.79 or 0.00246333 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 3% against the dollar and now trades at $216.57 or 0.00810940 BTC.
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded 0.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.66 or 0.00013696 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded down 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $145.73 or 0.00545678 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded 1.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $15.65 or 0.00058590 BTC.
- DEI (DEI) traded down 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0121 or 0.00000045 BTC.
- NyanCoin (NYAN) traded down 2.2% against the dollar and now trades at $2.40 or 0.00008809 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded up 1.6% against the dollar and now trades at $31.48 or 0.00117874 BTC.
Siacoin is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Blake2b hashing algorithm. It launched on June 1st, 2015. Siacoin’s total supply is 55,174,905,000 coins and its circulating supply is 55,152,331,709 coins. The Reddit community for Siacoin is https://reddit.com/r/siacoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official website for Siacoin is sia.tech. Siacoin’s official Twitter account is @sia__foundation and its Facebook page is accessible here.
Buying and Selling Siacoin
It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Siacoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Siacoin should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Siacoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Siacoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Siacoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.